27 October 2010

music video magic -- guns and dogs

This brand spankin' new Portugal. the Man video, released a bit earlier today, is good (and creepy) enough to watch at least three times in a row. It's easy to tell from this dark and strange baroque influenced video, as well as other recent content released by John Gourley and company, that something deep and thought provoking is underlying their music. Need I anymore reason to admit he is, without a doubt, one of my modern day heros? I think not. I was lucky enough to catch these guys here in NOLA a few weeks ago, and I have this advice to offer to everyone else in other cities around the world: if you only get the chance to see one touring band this fall, for god's sake make it this one. Gourley and friends are definitely on top of their shit people.


No comments: